HONORING LOVED ONES ON YOUR WEDDING DAY WHO HAVE PASSED
Getting married is supposed to be the most exciting time of your life, but it’s really hard planning this big day knowing there’s a loved one who can’t be there. Whether it’s a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, or a friend; it can definitely feel weird celebrating such a huge part of your life without them.
But there are still plenty of ways to have your angel be a part of the ceremony. Here are a few different ideas on how to honor loved ones on your wedding day who have passed.
1. Dance to a song that reminds you of them: Whether it’s a slow-dance with your partner or a bop everyone can dance to, it’s a heart-felt dedication to your loved one.
2. Choosing their favorite flower for your bouquet: And even adding an heirloom or photo of them to the flower arrangement! They can be there with you as you walk down the aisle.
3. Leave an open seat for them: This could be at the ceremony and/or the reception with their name on it, showing there will always be a spot saved for them for life's greatest adventures.
4. Put their photo on display: Or have a little remembrance table set up with all the great times you were able to share together.
5. Wear a piece of their jewelry: Subtle, yet meaningful!
6. Select a venue with importance to them: If you visited a specific place together often or if they had a vision of where your wedding should be held, this is a nice way to feel their presence.
7. Serve their favorite dish: Food always brings people together and this is no different. Think about them while you enjoy their favorite meal during the reception.
8. Give a special toast: Reminisce on all the great times you shared with them, the laughs, and how much you miss them.
Any gesture, big or small, whatever you feel is appropriate to honor your lost loved one. It’s beautiful how one (or a few) of these gestures can make you feel like your angel has been by your side the entire time.
They will always be a big part of who you are. These are just a few ways you can continue to include them on your journey through life!